Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blogging again! The adventure must go on...

It has been a few years since I touched this blog! Shortly after my last blog post, nearly three years ago, I moved back to Philadelphia to get a new job, drink some beers, and catch up with old friends. I was able to reconnect with my old gaming crew and have some adventures! I also thought about blogging my new/reborn life in Philadelphia, but decided that blogging about fantasy is so much more fun. For many reasons, (good reasons, I promise) our gaming crew failed its last saving throw, and moved on to different worlds, leaving a hole in my fantasy heart! I still get to play board games or a quick pickup-short campaign here and there, but things aren't the same.

Last Tuesday night, I was waiting for the Orange Line at City Hall, and I felt a pang of nostalgic longing. Every Tuesday, for over a year, I used to go over to a friends house to play Dungeons and Dragons. We had a great spread! We would eat fantastic food prepared with care by an awesome lady, and delve into journeys carefully constructed by our Dungeon Master. (His blog is here.) As I stood among the throng of Philadelphians waiting on the platform, I realized with sadness that I would not be playing D&D with my friends that night. An era has truly come to an end. "What do I do now?" I thought hopelessly.

The answer has been here all along. I've recruited some new friends to go on an adventure! One, at least, has never played a tabletop RPG before in her life! I hope there will be many more posts to come, as new characters get a chance to kill bad guys (or maybe good guys) and get some epic (or maybe crappy) loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment