Ivella Smythlei and her Lady in Waiting, Yenna. These two were the women that our adventurers were paid to find. They claim that they were walking north in the forest, when they were attacked by an unseen foe. This foe must have poisoned them and knocked them unconscious, because they woke up in the cell together.
Ivella is a rogue. She is only child of the Smythlei family, and she was arranged to marry another noble. It's clear that she didn't want to do this, so she took off with Yenna. I wanted to make Ivella a rogue, because it seems that nobles make good rogues. She has to have some kind of combat training, since she's a noble, and I thought that silent espionage might be a good fit. She's been helping out the PCs with traps, locks, and she can do a bit of damage with sneak attack, though she prefers to hang back and shoot with her sling. Ivella also speaks dwarven, and though she is headstrong, she doesn't seem to be stupid. She's been very diplomatic and kind with all of the PCs. All of them seem to like her.
Caleforn Goldenstave, an elf cleric. Caleforn says that he and Rashial and Pashial (two twins) were in the forest enjoying themselves when they were ambushed and brought to the caves. One day, the orcs came and took Pashial. Then, what Caleforn thinks to be some days later, they took Rashial. He hasn't seen or heard from them, and has no idea how long he's been there, nor anything else. The elves seem to be an important plot-note for our adventures so far, and I wanted to have an elf involved in the dungeon crawl. I also wanted Caleforn to be almost an "anti-cleric." Meaning, he's kind of a "surfer" who is really into having sex with chicks. I wanted a somewhat obnoxious yet kind character, to see how the PCs would interact with him. I've really enjoyed having Caleforn around. On one hand, he says constantly says ridiculous things, yet on the other, he's been very essential to keeping them alive in the caves. He's also very good with a bow. He has precise shot as a feat, and has occasionally stuck an arrow in the gullet of an orc guard.
Biff hates Caleforn, which was something, knowing Evan as a person, I kind of suspected would happen. Abelard, on the other hand, seems to like Caleforn, and think he's an alright dude. Alric doesn't seem to have an opinion. He doesn't like elves very much, but Caleforn has been helping him. All three party members like Ivella, especially Alric, because she speaks to him in dwarven. Biff seems hot and cold on Yenna. On one hand, she's smokin' and can handle a sword, but on the other hand, she's a "bitch." Alric likes Yenna. I think he respects her as a fighter. Abelard hasn't really claimed one way or the other. It will be interesting to see how these relationships pan out.
No comments:
Post a Comment